Lent season is the perfect time to try some new meatless meals, and an easy way to do this is with cheese dishes. Cheese is high in protein and calcium, and comes in many varieties, flavors and textures. Our specialty has always been aged New York state cheddar. Our Herkimer® cheddar is known for its smooth, creamy texture and distinct sharpness.
Click thumbnail above to view video
Slow Cooker Macaroni & Cheese
1 lb. Herkimer® Aged NY Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 lb. elbow macaroni, uncooked
2 ½ cups milk
1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
¼ cup butter, cubed
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp paprika
- Pour the uncooked macaroni into 5 quart slow-cooker. Top with butter and cheeses.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, evaporated milk, salt, pepper and paprika
- Pour the milk mixture over macaroni and stir to combine. Milk will not completely cover the macaroni.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hour, stirring after the first hour.
- When all the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is cooked, the mac and cheese will be done.